At East Cowton and Kirkby Fleetham CE schools we use ongoing assessment to inform planning and teaching in the classroom and to ensure that the learning needs of all pupils are met.
As well as ongoing, informal assessments, we also assess progress in reading, writng and mathematics at the end of each term using PIRA, PUMA and GAPS tests.
Statutory assessments take place as follows:
- End of reception: EYFS profile
- Year 1: Phonics assessment
- Year 2: End of Key stage 1 assessments in reading, writing and mathematics
- Year 4: Multiplication tables check
- Year 6: End of key stage two assessments in reading, writing, mathematics and English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Click here to view our assessment timetable