Our Vision is that ALL pupils leaving East Cowton and Kirkby Fleetham Church of England Primary schools will be physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport. Each year, every child in our school will be given the opportunity to represent the school in a sports event or competition.
How we use our Sports Premium Grant
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
• develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
• build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
• the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
• the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
• increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
• broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
• increased participation in competitive sport
For example, schools can use their funding to:
• provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
• hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
• introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
• support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports
• enter or run more sport competitions
• partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
• increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
• encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
• provide additional swimming provision targeted to pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the national curriculum
• embed physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching.
During the year 2020-21 East Cowton CE School received a sports grant of £16,240, and Kirkby Fleetham CE School received a sports grant of £16220.This continues to have a positive impact in school.
Please click the link to read our Sports Premium Evidence of Impact Report.
East Cowton Evidencing-the-Impact-of-the-Primary-PE-spending 2022(1)
Kirkby Fleetham Evidencing-the-Impact-of-the-Primary-PE-spending 2022
The Sports Premium Governor and the Headteacher monitor sports premium spending and report to the Local Governing Board.