We are a voluntary committee who organise fundraising events from which we provide the school with extra equipment and activities for all the children to enjoy. We work closely with the school staff to ensure we provide resources that both the teachers and pupils have identified that may not be available to them otherwise.
Every parent or guardian is automatically a member and would be very welcome to attend our meetings. In fact, we would love you to! Being a ‘friend’ is super easy and you can be involved as much as you want to be depending on your own personal commitments. We appreciate any support we receive and recognise the importance of fresh faces bringing new ideas and skills to the team.
Examples of Past Fundraisers:
- ‘Quiz Night’ our monthly quiz on the first Thursday of every month at The Black Horse Inn, Kirkby Fleetham.
- Village Bonfire Night co-hosted with The Black Horse Inn, Kirkby Fleetham.
- Kirkby Fleetham Christmas Fair with our own stall of home made goodies.
- Grow a £1 where we gave the children a £1 and they had to think of ideas to make it ‘grow’.
- ‘Hoola for the Skoola’ Hawaiian themed party at the Village Hall.
This money has paid for: sports equipment, year 6 leavers gifts and books, school trips for the whole school, a swimming party, a school disco and tea to name but a few!
We aim to provide a social setting which gives parents and extended family the opportunity to get together on a regular basis and improve links between parents, the school and the wider community. We usually meet every half term or as required, with regular WhatsApp communications in between, keeping members up to date, recognising how busy people are. This means that parents can put their views and suggestions across without always having to attend meetings.
If you have any questions about the committee or would like to receive information via email please contact the Chair, Laura Wright on email@example.com